Sailing With Sons
Join Date: Feb 2020
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Re: Sabre 36 Survey & General Info?
Chef, definitely some good points.
I have been told the sails are newer, will find out for sure in survey/sea trial. I will also find out the age of the rigging and make sure it is thoroughly surveyed and replace if necessary. My thoughts on the electronics are that there are certainly some that I would LIKE to have, I don't know that I NEED to have them at the moment. My thoughts are that Sabre 36s overall are very well made and capable boats, and this one in particular seems to be well kept and in great shape. I will certainly make any necessary upgrades on NEEDS like rigging, etc. to make sure the boat is actually functional and safe. AND this one already has one of the most expensive ones just done... the engine! As for WANTS like electronics, etc. I can fit those in as my budget allows. To be honest, I wish the boat didn't already have AC/Heat!!! One more thing to break!
Also, you are right, I can probably get a newer nicer boat for $65K, but it would probably still need $15K+ of work as well. I can afford around $40K up front and other expenses along the way, but I don't know that I can afford $65K with other expenses along the way. I do agree with being willing to wait on price. This one actually dropped from $50K to the current list of $42K, and I have been watching it awhile. A Tartan 37 I was watching that was well priced sold before I could make a move. I guess my concern on this boat or any is that if I wait and wait for the price to lower, someone else will buy all of the boats I am interested in and I will be waiting and waiting instead of sailing.
But yes, I would LOVE to get it at a very low price and definitely don't want to over pay.