Still building & restoring - SailNet Community
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 04-29-2019 Thread Starter
One of None

Still building & restoring

Kind of think I'll never get back to sailing but look what landed in my lap a few weeks ago. A friend of mine who happens to have a 52 foot boat had this about 4 years, never finished it. Now they are selling A house to move down to the Chesapeake and buy another house & I asked me if I wanted this project? Not one to say no to a friend....

CLC Eastport Pram,
What it will be..

What I picked up and started with, I'll try to put some pictures progressively as I add more installments

JimMcGee, kd3pc, eherlihy and 4 others like this.

"Next best thing to not having a boat? The knowledge from having one!" Denise, Bristol PA, On Tidal Delaware River, Anchor Yacht Club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My last project!

Last edited by deniseO30; 04-29-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 04-29-2019 Thread Starter
One of None

Re: Still building & restoring

Chesapeake light craft I've watched grow from the very beginning, we built two of their kayaks just about the time the internet was a new thing!

I'm making progressI Have the front and rear bulkheads "welded" in place.

Glued the mast parts together (called a scarf joint)

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

"Next best thing to not having a boat? The knowledge from having one!" Denise, Bristol PA, On Tidal Delaware River, Anchor Yacht Club.

My last project!
post #3 of 35 Old 04-29-2019

Looks good Denise. I have always wanted to build one of their Nesting Prams.

Jordan
West Wight Potter 14 "Lemon Drop"
Oceanside CA

post #4 of 35 Old 04-29-2019 Thread Starter
One of None

This one is not a nesting pram but it is definitely a study in cuteness!

I'm big on doing mock-ups & dry fits and it also goes without saying "can't have too many clamps". I can't have too many levels either!

Still undecided if I'm going to make the rudder a kick up rudder..

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

My last project!
post #5 of 35 Old 04-29-2019
Administrator

Denise,

It sure is hard to get the salt out of your veins once it gets there and once in you veins it ends up in you mind sooner or later. That should be a fun little thing to play with for a while. Its nice to see your avatar pop-up and to know that you are still kicking.

Jeff
eherlihy likes this.

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
post #6 of 35 Old 04-29-2019

Fantastic. It was the nesting version of the Eastport Pram that inspired me to design and build my nesting PDR. I would have gone with the Eastport, but I couldn't make the 4ft9inch section fit in my van.

Keep us posted.
post #7 of 35 Old 04-29-2019

Awesome
post #8 of 35 Old 04-30-2019

That's fun. I'm sure you'll enjoy the project and hope you enjoy getting it out on the water too.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #9 of 35 Old 04-30-2019

@Minnewaska I lost track if you ever got your sailing dinghy or not. One of these would be perfect for you.
post #10 of 35 Old 04-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcb View Post
@Minnewaska I lost track if you ever got your sailing dinghy or not. One of these would be perfect for you.
Thanks for remembering. Spring commissioning has completely gotten in the way. I had zeroed in on a like-new Trinka 10, but it was too far away to take the time to go look and then haul back. 20 hour round trip. Really needed a full weekend and those are now for sailing! I'm keeping my eye peeled for something nearby.

The wooden prams would do the job, for sure. Think I prefer something that is solid fiberglass for durability.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in