Dog that went overboard 3 miles out to sea found alive on beach - Page 5 - SailNet Community
 60Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Re: Dog that went overboard 3 miles out to sea found alive on beach

Again, has nothing to do with the comments about your callous statement. We are are entitled to our opinions and must know and accept others. That is not the question or the issue. The concern others are expressing is regardless of religious beliefs most humans have compassion for others as part of our DNA. I know we see lots of examples that contradict this statement every day but I still believe it is the minority of our race. IN MY OPINION your statement puts you in the minority and that is disappointing.

Take comfort in knowing that because our God is an incredible forgiving God, in your final moments you too can still find his grace. Their are countless stories of non believers turning to God when faced with their own potential demise. There is a reason for this, and the reason is it is ingrained in us because we were created in Gods image. We are the ones that keep screwing it up, not God. I know it doesn't make sense. That is because it is bigger then we are. Believing does take faith. The reward for the faith is a comfort and joy, a satisfaction that can only be know by a believer. Its like trying to explain to a non parent what it is like to have kids. Its not possible to know what you don't know.

For sake of a simple discussion I always take the stand of "why not". What is the worst thing that happens to me as a person that believes. I do my best to live a life that is centered around be a kind, giving, loving person. I believe in something that gives me peace throughout my living days. I die and there is no after life so I just disappear. OR...It is true and I have a glorious after life. I don't see the down side of believing in our God.

Anyway. Just my opinion of course. Feel free to fire away...

Foster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

I remember hearing another story about a dog lost this summer on one of the Great Lakes. It swam for quite a distance. While searching for it I Googled "dog lost on lake". I was amazed at the number of stories that came up about dogs that fell off of boats and had some fairly miraculous survival adventures before making it back to their owners. Apparently found dog stories are quite newsworthy, religious references aside.
post #43 of 60 Old 08-30-2018
Learning the HARD way...

I'm surprised that nobody's posted this yet... so I will...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also certified in Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 60 Old 08-30-2018
Trailer Sailer Moderator

OK, everyone... this topic is about a dog that fell overboard and being reunited with its owner.

If you need to debate religion, either start a new topic in the PRWG section of Off Topic, or take it to PMs.

I'll delete any more religious debate in this topic starting now.

~ Rezz

S/v DreamWeaver
1980 Laguna Windrose 22
The Following User Says Thank You to Rezz For This Useful Post:
svHyLyte (08-30-2018)
post #45 of 60 Old 08-30-2018 Thread Starter
Old as Dirt!

Moving right along...for the sake of the exercise, I googled news stories of lost dogs found and came up with 459,000,000 results (0.41 seconds).

With that, I think we can safely turn back to matters concerning sailing and hope everyone can keep their "issues" to themselves, no?

FWIW...

"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."

Last edited by Rezz; 08-30-2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Removed religious discussion.
post #46 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezz View Post
OK, everyone... this topic is about a dog that fell overboard and being reunited with its owner.

If you need to debate religion, either start a new topic in the PRWG section of Off Topic, or take it to PMs.

I'll delete any more religious debate in this topic starting now.
The topic includes the content in the link in the original post hence the posts that followed. I would suggest you then remove the link. I find it amusing that some who liked your post were also some of those who were debating that very aspect.
jwing likes this.
post #47 of 60 Old 08-30-2018
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottUK View Post
The topic includes the content in the link in the original post hence the posts that followed. I would suggest you then remove the link. I find it amusing that some who liked your post were also some of those who were debating that very aspect.
Thank you for your input. I'll take that under advisement.

~ Rezz

S/v DreamWeaver
1980 Laguna Windrose 22
post #48 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezz View Post
I'll take that under advisement.
Until you do I am going to post some comments I had written at the time of your decree. They are on topic as per the link and to subsequent comments pertaining to reactions to the link.
jwing likes this.
post #49 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

[continued religious debate removed - Rezz]
jwing likes this.

Last edited by Rezz; 08-30-2018 at 04:23 PM.
post #50 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

[Continued religious debate removed - Rezz]

1968 Cal 2-30
Sandpiper 2
MDR

Last edited by Rezz; 08-30-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in