Dog that went overboard 3 miles out to sea found alive on beach - Page 6 - SailNet Community
 60Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Re: Dog that went overboard n smiles out to sea found alive on beach

[Continued religious debate removed - Rezz]

Last edited by Rezz; 08-30-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Re: Dog that went overboard 3 miles out to sea found alive on beach

[Continued religious debate removed - Rezz]

Last edited by Rezz; 08-30-2018 at 04:24 PM.
post #53 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezz View Post
OK, everyone... this topic is about a dog that fell overboard and being reunited with its owner.

If you need to debate religion, either start a new topic in the PRWG section of Off Topic, or take it to PMs.

I'll delete any more religious debate in this topic starting now.
Dear Rezz:

With the utmost respect of your difficult and thankless position, I would like to make a request. Please, please don't delete any religious posts. I'm way ahead at work, therefore a bit bored, and posts like #35 and #41 tickle me, even though they are hackneyed. But it's all the different ways people are trying to insult me that really make me chuckle. Please don't take that away.

PS - Damn, too late. You went and did it anyway, without removing all religious posts and personal attacks. Respect withdrawn pending your completion of the task.

Last edited by jwing; 08-30-2018 at 04:32 PM.

post #54 of 60 Old 08-30-2018
Old soul

OK... Now this really is getting funny.

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #55 of 60 Old 08-30-2018
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing View Post
Dear Rezz:

With the utmost respect of your difficult and thankless position, I would like to make a request. Please, please don't delete any religious posts. I'm way ahead at work, therefore a bit bored, and posts like #35 and #41 tickle me, even though they are hackneyed. But it's all the different ways people are trying to insult me that really make me chuckle. Please don't take that away.
@jwing -

I don't plan on deleting any of the posts before I walked in here. I think there's still something to be learned in this thread before it totally goes off the rails. Namely, keep all members of the crew (dogs included) on the boat, and you won't have to practice any crew overboard drills in real life.

Bottom line: There's a place on the forum for religious discussion and/or debate. This isn't it.
eherlihy and svHyLyte like this.

~ Rezz

S/v DreamWeaver
1980 Laguna Windrose 22
post #56 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezz View Post
Bottom line: There's a place on the forum for religious discussion and/or debate. This isn't it.
Then remove the link and all other posts mentioning religion or move the entire thread to the appropriate place. Since my last post was on topic, as it stands, and was removed, my view is the action borders on censorship rather than moderation.
post #57 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottUK View Post
Then remove the link and all other posts mentioning religion or move the entire thread to the appropriate place. Since my last post was on topic, as it stands, and was removed, my view is the action borders on censorship rather than moderation.
No.
You just go find another forum to play instigator games.
Its what you do.
Minnewaska likes this.
post #58 of 60 Old 08-30-2018 Thread Starter
Old as Dirt!

Good Gravy!!! This crap is still going on?

Rezz--At this juncture it might be wise to lock this thread as some of these bozo's can "fathom" the idea that my original post had absolutely nothing to do with religion--of which I am neither an advocate nor antagonist--and everything to do with sharing my enjoyment of the happiness one man had at recovering his DOB ("Dog Overboard") and seeing the event as a useful reminder of the wisdom of tethering one's crew-pets as well as crew-men/women for the sake of their safety.

FWIW I am most assuredly not a "stealth" protagonist of religion--the idea of which would crack up my (much) better half considering that I have always been viewed as a "rather grumpy" empiricist rather than rationalist--although I have noted that, reportedly, if one holds hobgoblins, witches and vampires up to a mirror one sees no reflection; whereas, if one holds [a] DOG up to a mirror, what does one see?

N'any case, with that, I think it wise for me to say "Adios Amigo"--Oop's, scratch that, I meant , "Goodbye" to this thread. (IOW, "The OP giveth, the OP taketh away--the OP is an Indian Giver"--a humorously intended sentiment which will, undoubtedly, engender paroxysms with the hyperbolic proponents of those of the native American/or perhaps Indian sub-continent, persuasion.

FWIW, "Here Homer Nods"
eherlihy likes this.

"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
The Following User Says Thank You to svHyLyte For This Useful Post:
eherlihy (08-30-2018)
post #59 of 60 Old 08-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
No.
You just go find another forum to play instigator games.
Its what you do.
Don't know what you are on about but am not surprised given your other posts directed at me. I don't believe I have ever engaged with you unless you engaged me first so I find it difficult seeing how you can accuse me of being an instigator but I'm sure it all makes sense to you.
post #60 of 60 Old 08-30-2018
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Thread locked per OP's request.

This is why we can't have nice things.

~ Rezz

S/v DreamWeaver
1980 Laguna Windrose 22
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rezz For This Useful Post:
eherlihy (08-30-2018), Scotty C-M (08-31-2018), troy2000 (09-04-2018)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in