SailNet Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1967 Contest29 Complete refit in progress; $5,000.

I am selling my Contest 29 which I have been restoring but need some one to complete.Some info on my 1969 Contest 29 "ARTEMIS" First , I am a professional shipwright and have my own buisness building and restoring boats, primarily sail. I bought ARTEMIS about 8 years ago and sailed and lived aboard her for about 4 years . I then decided to do a complete stem to stern restoration of the boat as I really like d the way she sailed and planned on a circumnavigation ad well as continuing to live aboard her. I rented a house and put her in a shed I built behind the house . I then stripped her completely to a bare hull. I started with a new bottom, completely removing all paint and giving the boat a west system epioxy treatment and then also barrier coating with interlux 3000 and several coats of CSC bottom opaint. I replaced the electrical with all top of the line blue SEas panels, both AC & DC with all meters and rewired most of the boat with all top grade marine wire. All the orignal ahogany exterior wood work was removed and I began refabfricating everything in Teak, new team mast step, fporwrd hatchm companionway sill and drop board slides, cockpit lazereetyee htch covers and gave all 10or more coats of Bristol finish. New Rubrails were also fabricated. I had a second stainless steel fresh water tank fabrictaed to double her water capacity. I completeley reglassed all the old openings in the hull and deck from previouvent, instrument, pump etc. cutouts and have filled a nd faired the entire hull and have her prepped for painting The paint is already purchsed. The boat is both tiller and wheel steered , I overhauled and refinsihed the Edson Pedastal. The standing rigging was all replaced, A new yanmar 2GM freshwater cooled deisel was installed when I first bought her and has less than 200 hours on her. The mast was completely restored and given 14 coats of Epihanes Vrnish and is beautiful to see. THere are also two complete sets of interior cushions both nearly new. There is some work to be done,depending on how you want her to ultimately be finnished . Bsically she just needs to have the hardware reinstalled, and the hatches mounted, the hull painted (alll ready for paint). There is alot of extra equipt,ent, and sails and spinnaker are in vy good condition. She also has selftailing wiches. Call me for more details if you wish, if I don't answer at first leave a message and I will call right back.
Oh by the way, thereason I am selling her now is that I have a customer of mine who is getting out of sailing and I have been maintaining his boat for a number of years and he offered her to me for a good deal and as she is bigger and better for me as liveaboard I decided to go for it and put Artemis up for sale, I also have to move from the house I am renting (The landloard is moving back in after allt these years) and I will need to move her anyway.. THanks for inquiring, Rick 631-680-6715
I will be posting some pictures of some of the work I have done as soon as I can. Contact me if you want any pictures and I can get them to you. I will continue to work on her as I have time and if I do complete it I will then sell her but will be asking considerably more.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts