SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On the hard
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, some of you folks remember the Mariner 31 we started working on last year and put to the side. We sold it as a restoration boat package and boy, did we bite off a big one.

It turns out that the decks and house were toast. Many of the overhead beams were gone as well so we basically tore her down to the hull and started fresh. New framing, deck clamps, and various other structural components along with all new decks and house.

I'll post a couple of pice but because there's 70+, I'll post a slideshow link for those who want to see it all.

Demo time...

and

Here's the slideshow:

Mariner 31 Slideshow by CharlieCobra03 | Photobucket

At present, the decks are one as well as the house and we are tabbing and preparing for a final glass wrap.

More to come later...

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Having done a little woodworking:

Paul and Nancy's Creations Home

and helping my Dad build a couple of boats and several houses, your projects boggle my mind. If the projects were mine it would be like being in the middle of a nightmare for me.

You do really nice and thorough work. I hope your efforts are rewarded and appreciated. Always enjoy your posts.

Thanks, Paul T

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
welcome to the club...jeje
those mariners were full of wood!

have at it!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Tagged for future reference.
Ya bagged the interior, overhead?? Gonna hafta keep ttrack of yer project to try to pick up pointers.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
More inspiring,( if masochistic ;) )work, Charlie

VERY nice, Paul..
Thank you, my wife is the artist, I am the mechanic. She knows the colors & grain configurations. Once in a while I will suggest a design and she will politely say " Maybe not, if you want to sell it". :)

We are just a few items away from selling 400 items so it appears she knows what she is doing. We have seen our sales decline right after the start of 2008 to an absolute stand still now. When we started selling in 2007 I couldn't keep up with the demand, only showing in two galleries, with prices almost double what they are now. Good thing we have another income source, although saw dust mush in the morning is not bad, keeps you regular. :D

Charlie's projects are mind blowing, to me, anyway. I can't imagine taking on anything that massive.

Paul T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts