SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PRICE REDUCED TO PUT ME OUT OF MISERY(Ill take 8k) if not Ill just keep it...this means my $$ investment and work and labor paid is down the drain and then some off the boat itself...

ahh to be a boat owner!

This is a longshot I know guys but please be understanding...

Im putting my boat for sale, for those who know my thread:
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/115890-islander-36-projects-paradise.html

... you know whats already done, but for those that dont just know that its been a long road to getting the boat sailable.Thats not necessarily indicative of the condition of boat but more monetary on my part than anything as times got rough down there a bit for us and the restauarant.

Boat is salvadorean flagged till 2018.(very easy to transfer over to another us citizen for example)

It is currently inboard engineless. However it does have auxiliary power by way of a heavy duty longshaft outboard.
Evinrude seahorse 15hp.

In any case I have my ad on craigslit in san fran bay(my old sailing grounds) and here in columbus, ga as well as in spanish in el salvador craigslist with many pics and complete details

Islander 36 Sailboat

If anybody is interested in an almost completed refit for a good price, solid hull and deck and great mods and improvements let me know.

This boat is for a frugal sailor or cruiser who just wants to go not impress those at the marina.

Goodies include zodiac and evinrude 3.3hp.
Davits, solar, dodger.
3 head sails
1 spinny
Awesome rolly tasker cruising full battened main.
New sheets
NEW CHAINPLATES, longer, thicker and stronger attachments to hull and bulkheads. 3/8ths ss versus 1/4 inch stock.
new intermediate stays with norsemans, partial re rig of mast.
New halyards
winches and gear serviced
new bulkheads(industrial grade) 3/4 ply sealed and epoxied.
new tabbing and glass work(massive) look at pics.
reinforced lower stays and extenders glass work under aft lowers in cabin
modified lower plates with extenders.
deck gelcoat(sprayed and rolled in certain areas) could use a buff.
REBEDDED TOERAILS and seald hull deck joint.
hull has no soft spots and deck is solid.

etc...

bottom paint , glass keel and fairing done
keel hull joint cleaned and sealed, faired over.
4200 fast cure was used.

no leaks from hull

shower, pressure water from 1 tank, bilge pumps basic electrical.

needs mast wiring and lights, running and a new or fixed pulpit.

there is an awesome yanmar 2qm ready to be installed(I can include in price or you pay after for $2k installed)

tanks in great shape

Interior painted faired and cleaned...trim wood and others, removed as well as 99 percent rotted wood and paneling veneer etc...
rotten vynil removed on cabin ceiling.

Please if you have any questions please call at 762 207 3602 or email

Im am negotiable and willing.

I am only selling because we moved away from el salvador and are starting fresh back here in the states.

Beleive me this is a hard sale for me:)

MUCH THANKS TO ANYBODY WHO SHARES THIS AD! jaja

Christian

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jim!

hopefully someone can finish her to their liking...its a great deal for someone in my frame of mind who appreciates the physical improvements made already

I sailed here 4 times before leaving and the bulkheads and new chainplates were solid and much stronger than before...the rig felt great(its tuned btw)

btw the yanmar 2qm that is available is rebuilt with a tranny rebuild as well(this is the engine I was talking about on my refit page a long time ago)

2k installed says the owner

might need one of the 3 props included with the boat already

shaft is good.

thanks again

christian

ps. Ill take trades too, some like motorcycles plus cash or a similar boat or big boat project here on the southeast us coast or even florida in the panhandle area.

Beleive me Im very open minded with this kind of stuff and trades...

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some more pics!

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Would be a great boat for vacations in that area. Lots of room on board. Maybe you should also try renting it that way?

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would be a great boat for vacations in that area. Lots of room on board. Maybe you should also try renting it that way?
I tried offering it like a barbeoat house boat charter if you will

however sailing inside the estuary is hard even at slack tide you only have about 30minutes of good sailing

after that its bucking currents up to 5 knots with winds in the 5-15knot range, meaning its slow!

if anybody has tips on how to offer something like this Im down! I would even offer a free stay for somebody for helping out

my idea way back was to have it sailed by someone up here...I put the boat you charter the boat for free...while Im working

just another option...

dunno

Im all ears peeps:D

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys Ill take trades for motorcycle up here in the states...
Im close to atlanta but will travel

Ill happily take trade for a PLATED

HONDA XR650R offroad motorcycle plus cash

Vintage norton or triumph
Vintage BSA
Honda cb350 twin
Honda cb750(sandcast years)

Ducati monster

or whatever!

Im also interested in a trade boat to boat for an equally valued SAILBOAT project anywhere near me here...

I like westsail 32, albergs, islanders, pearsons, euro boats, steel etc...

It does not have to be in the water!

again thanks!

ps. the dry season just started in central america btw so if anybody wants to start cruising this is the time to get going!

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
black friday special HALF OFF! till midnight! jajajaja

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes I will...however it will be at least 5 days to get down to el salvador! ajajaja

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price reduced guys...Ill sell engineless, complete boat without any of the "goodies" if you want to bring an inboard and stuff yourself...

8k.

cheers

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$5.5k now

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts