SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know... silly question perhaps. I bought the boat while on the water, so, obviously any drain plugs are closed for now. However, I will need to know locations of water inlets, outlets for the motor, bilge,... etc... and not finding it in the manual.

Thanks,

smitrock63

·
Registered
30 Posts
On my 1979 model, the engine cooling water intake valve was located under the quarter berth aft of the chart table near the engine compartment. The heads flush water valve was under the forward end of the port settee berth. The heads wash bowl drained through an unvalved fitting through the side of the hull above the waterline. The galley sink drained through a valve directly below the sink. The cockpit drained through two unvalved through hull fittings on either side of the engine exhaust at the stern. The anchor locker drained through a small hole drilled through the leading edge of the bow. Mine had a void in that hole which allowed water to leak into the V-berth. I filled it with epoxy filler and redrilled the hole to stop the leaks. The later models had a different internal layout with a dinette table to starboard. The drainage valves etc. may have been relocated.
lho

Reactions: smitrock63
1 - 3 of 3 Posts