SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have owned a boat for 4 years, still learning but loving every minute of it. Have done several trips including 3 weeks in the thousand islands on Lake Ontario. Have also completed a number of projects - replaced thru hulls, new plumbing, multiple modifications to atomic 4... and now I just cut a hole in my deck to replace some soft core. A sucker for punishment it would seem! Long time reader - just joined.

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,242 Posts
Welcome to Sailnut Quinn99

Those of us who own old boats are gluttons for punishment due to deferred maintenance on our boats!

Good luck with your re-core project.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome! We just finished our third season on Lake Ontario in a Sirius 28. Many trips across the lake, day sails and three weeks in the thousand islands as well! I keep thinking that I am finished working on the boat (replaced plumbing, some electronics, put in autohelm etc.) and then something breaks or starts leaking. But it is all fun.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome aboard:
Another C27 cruising - I sail out of Saint John NB on my 1977. Had a great season and enjoyed myself.
I have done most of the maintence you did except for the deck core - no problems with soft spots (knock on wood). I have had to re-bed all the deck hardware though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts