SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much agony and anger, mostly at myself I'm selling

My boat, walker bay sailing dink w rig, and custom built wheeled cradle are on the market for $8,900 obo I will consider offers for less!
http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/4982993307.html
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/4982987938.html

Universal 5416 engine replaced by PO (cannot verify) runs great!

Ready to sail Oday30! One of the most popular boats in the 80s rivals other boats in it it's size and class. due to the very large spade rudder, encapsulated fin keel barrier coated bottom. Good to great rigging, many mechanical and electrical upgrades.
This is the complete package. A custom made wheeled cradle and walker bay 8ft sailing dinghy all go with the boat!

It costs less then a $1,000.00 a year for me to keep this boat with insurance and membership in my Yacht Club. If you qualify for membership, you could buy the boat and be a member of the club also!

Barrier coated bottom,

Garhauer traveler.

New engine gauges and wiring, (Faria) volt, temp, fuel,

New coolant water pump on engine,

Upgraded Oberdorfer raw water pump,

5 yrs old heat exchanger.

New 90 amp Alt on engine,

New Batteries, 2-6V for house, 1-12 volt for engine,

All new fuses for fully protected 12 volt system,

Blue Seas automatic charging relay (really works too!)

Blue Seas Battery switch (Isolated battery banks off, on, combine)

New Blue Seas Volt meter on beaker panel.

All new Battery cable to and from battery banks,

New bronze anti siphon loop,

terminal strips, no more melted trailer plugs for engine and panel,

New Poly fuel tank

New fuel pump, (and a spare)

New fuel hoses,

Racor 220 filter (with 3 spare elements, R24T)

New Norcold Refrigeration for ice box, 3.5 amps goes to 36 degrees in about 2-3 hours from warm start.

New water heater,

Force 10 stove/oven

New counter tops,

New (ash) table tops,

New Head, (Jabsco)

New faucet for galley

More information and photos will be posted soon!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Hi Denise,

Sorry you are thinking of selling. I just went through the process of selling my boat. I thought that my boat was in good condition and fairly priced. I originally listed in October and finally sold her this past week.

As I expected, the first person who saw the boat bought her. However, the market for old sailboats is pretty soft so be prepared for it to take a long time and to get a lot less money than your hoped for.

Good luck,
Barry

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Barry I'm quite aware how hard it will be to sell. Fortunately I'm not desperate (yet) LOL

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Denise, Are you shopping too? Sounds like a Great Boat for someone. My slip neighbors have an O'day 35. They were well built and sails great.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Good luck. Seems like a reasonable asking price for all the work you've done on it.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,620 Posts
DO NOT BUY THIS BOAT!

Denise has spent far too much time and money renovating and improving the boat. She is suffering a momentary lapse of reason. If you gave her the asking price, you would hate yourself in the morning for taking advantage of her.

Denise: you can't sell it, at least until you venture up to New England.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but E, I'd actually be breaking close to even if I allow for use over the years.
Sorry she's gotta go, but I have to get myself less stressed so maybe I can at least enjoy being retired. But I'm not really trying just yet either.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Denise,

I know from following your work over the years this is a fine vessel. One I would be interesting in if I were seriously in the market. I do have a suggestion. The first two pics of your slide show depict the alternator being installed. While I think the pics are fine, if they were not the first pictures I feel your fine boat would be better represented. Good luck with your sale.

Fair winds.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm actually working on a much better write up and photo presentation.
Thanks. I'm about to make my decision in the next 2 days!

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm going to hold onto her another year!

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,620 Posts
YAY!:)

:thewave:

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoop.. belay that! I'm going to sell, if I find a buyer! Which means another year LOL

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,017 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that you're selling her, Denise. As others have said, I know you've put a lot of TLC into her (unlike a lot of other boats out there). Good luck with the sale - she seems pretty well priced, so hopefully she'll go quick. Yes, I know it's already been a few months, but in this market, and when you decided to sell (as opposed to the spring), it's still early in the process. At least your yard isn't real expensive, so you don't have significant carrying costs to worry about.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Jim, I'm feeling trapped on land travel because all my wheeled vehicles are old. I need something small and good on gas like a Ford ranger or Chevy S-10 Renting cars for trips is proving too expensive!

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Price drop! 13,500! Need offers!

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my first low ball offer "telling me" my Oday will never sell for more then 7k and he offered $6,500. so it begins.. not if I want to sell. how low I will settle.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At least I know the ads are being looked at!

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My boat is coming out tomorrow (10/25) when I got on the boat a voice in the back of my head started yelling; YOU DON'T REALLY WANT TO SELL HER!"

Then.. looking over the boat.. yeah.. shes a pretty nice Oday 30 all considered And all that electrical work is performing well!

Reactions: TakeFive and jimgo
1 - 20 of 65 Posts