SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hard to argue with success. The most popular boat ever built in this size range. Lots of variations - mk 1, mk 1.5, mk 2, tall rig, wing keel, fin keel, etc. Decent build quality, well laid out interior, active owners group, and good resale market. One of the few boats from this era where the builder is still in business and supporting their owners. Not the best choice for a racer, but a solid coastal cruiser.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Funny coincidence, I just took a 1988 on a sea trial today and will close on it in a week. Obviously, I thought it was great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to argue with success. The most popular boat ever built in this size range. Lots of variations - mk 1, mk 1.5, mk 2, tall rig, wing keel, fin keel, etc. Decent build quality, well laid out interior, active owners group, and good resale market. One of the few boats from this era where the builder is still in business and supporting their owners. Not the best choice for a racer, but a solid coastal cruiser.
Thank you so much im going to see one on Friday although price is kind of steep $43000

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
If you are working through a broker, ask for a report on recent sales of C34s from soldboat.com. Will give you a picture of the market and support a lower offer if you like what you see.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Thank you so much im going to see one on Friday although price is kind of steep $43000
Is there an ad posting for the boat? If so share it with the group and you might get better feedback.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
any opinion about this boat
You didn't indicate your intended use, but the C34 provides good value for a cruiser. Check out the Catalina 34 International Association (c34.org) message board for deficiency fixes that you will want to know about before you buy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You didn't indicate your intended use, but the C34 provides good value for a cruiser. Check out the Catalina 34 International Association (c34.org) message board for deficiency fixes that you will want to know about before you buy.
planing to sail Gulf ,around Florida Keys,Caribbean, still thinking that im going to end up with bigger boat like 1980 Morgan 38 even i know i don't have sailing experience.About to finish bareboat class

1 - 9 of 9 Posts