SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 1990 Compac 16 is on a trailer in my front yard. It has a 5 hp Honda engine. I just took the boater safety course and am in the process of learning about sailing from a book and then I will hopefully have a friend or will pay someone to teach me the basics. My son videod the prior owner setting up the mast and sails for me before I took her home. My first trip out with the boat and trailer was to learn how to back up the trailer so that when the time came I would be able to get it to the ramp. I believe it has a roller furling jib. I powered boated as a passenger in this area for years and have a waverunner but always looked longingly at sailboats. Really looking forward to learning how to sail. Thanks to all for your advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks so much for your posts. I intend to practice setting up the mast and jib multiple times prior to going on my first sail. I was also advised by a friend to replace the new oversized sail that came with the boat with the standard used patched sail that also came with the boat to make it easier in the beginning to handle the boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.