SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,331 Posts
Reaction score
This day in age, the $0 down part will kill you! Most banks want 20% down. Now that is not to say there are not some banks that will do 0% down, but do not count on it.

As far as brands go, take your pick, if just in the bay, most any boat will probably do just fine! from Hunter on up!

Marty

· Registered
7,331 Posts
Reaction score
OR,

If you are NOT proficient with excel, for less than $5 you can get a payment book at local office supply stores, and get your self close to what a payment would be for upwards of 40 yrs, and amount from 5-20% for some books. I've used these for payment budgeting purposes for over 20 yrs, ranging from trucks, bobcat, trackhoe, boat, home etc.

Also, 30K for a reasonably in good shape boat in the mid 30' range is going to be tough, a 30'r is a reasonably good bet.

Choose any of the brands you listed. Do not rule one out as in the end, it might be the best one for you needs. I was ready to rule Jeanneau out just from what I had heard about them, and found a really nice well taken cared of 30' from the mid 80s. Turns out most folks were down playing the boats built in the last 10 yrs or so.

On that note, Hunter made some pretty good boats in the 70's and into the 80's IIRC. A person on our dock has taken his 38' cutter down the west coast more than one time to Mexico and back. Trailered it a few times too.......but that is another story all together.

Marty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.