SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have 2 radar displays wired to one Raodome?

Why? Wouldn't it be fun to have radar at the outside steering station as well as below? I see cheap display units on Ebay, but I'm not sure if I would need a cable slitter, repeater or if it can even be done.

The radar in question is a SL70C by Raymarine.

MedSailor

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
With the new ones and a multi function display this would be no issue as it all networks together. With older ones I am not sure. I believe for some reason it seems the radar seems to need to be the same manufacturer as the display. At least that was what I was told that for instance Lowarance B&G and Simrad all work together as they are the same company but will not work with Garmin or Raymarine. Older stuff I don' t know. Newer stuff should be able to be integrated to a lap top running something like Open CPN.

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,264 Posts
I used to run charting software on a laptop (before I got dedicated chart plotters). I had the laptop sitting in holder near the companion way where I could see it from the cockpit. My RADAR display was below, not visible from the cockpit. I put a cheap computer chat camera clipped to the display and had the image in a separate window on my laptop.

I have since switched to older Garmin Chartplotters that network, so I have charts and RADAR at the helm and the nav station down below.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts