SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2003 Oceanis 50 owners manual

9K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Bene505 
Mal,

There is a page on the Beneteau site for previous models. If I recall correctly, it's not simple to get to, so I bookmarked the link. We have a 2000 Beneteau 505.

This ought to help:

Previous Models: 500

Regards,
Brad

You could call Beneteau to see if they have a manual. They are very helpful.

Regards,
Brad

Malcome,

I'll call BeneteauUSA for you today. Let's see what they can do.

Regards,
Brad

Malcom,

Beneteau is asking for your hull number. They think you are talking about a Moorings version of a Beneteau 50, so they sent me the manual for that. I put it on a link. Click here for it. (You could also right click and use "Save As".) It's 1.67 meg in size.

If that's not the right manual, then send me your hull number and we'll go from there.

Regards,
Brad

Hi Brad,

You are a star!!! this is the correct manual for my sailboat.

Once again many thanks for all your effort in obtaining the manual I am in your debt :).

Thank goodness for SailNet and its many helpful members.

Kind Regards

Malcolm.
Malcolm,

Thanks. The real stars are Todd and Ward and the rest of the team at Beneteau USA (+1-843-629-53000). I sometimes call them for even the smallest part and they ship it out right away. (Last week it was for new door latches -- it turned out that the latch plate needed to be adjusted and that I didn't really need any new latches.) They also have ready-to-send documents on things like inspecting keel bolts.

Since we have the same boat -- and I never met the previous owner of mine -- let me ask you a question. Do you have 2 large diameter (about 8 inch) hoses going from the "steering quadrant room" to your engine? We have them and I wonder if they really serve any purpose.

Regards,
Brad

Beneteau USA
1313 West Hwy 76
Marion SC 29571
Phone: (843) 629-5300
Fax: (843) 629-5309

Brad those hoses should lead to bilge blowers mounted on the stern. Look for the vents on the stern to see where they exit. The fans should only run when the engine is on as they're there to take the heat and any fumes out of the engine compartment. Most all Beneteaus' have the same or similiar system.
Mike
(Thanks Malcome, I figured they were needed, but not sure why, since they travel through a gap that is at the bottom of the aft bulkhead where the air would have flowed in anyway.)

Mike,

The big hoses go up near the holes in the "transom". So they are sucking some outside air. There is no blower on those, but there is a blower on a separate 3" diameter hose. I figure that there's enough air being consumed by the diesel that it's constantly sucking new/cool air into the engine compartment.

I haven't figured out how to turn the 3" blower on yet.

Also haven't figured out what the button is for, top center of the engine controls. It's click-on, click-off. Here's a picture, it's to the right of the battery light.

And a view behind the panel

Regards,
Brad

Papaiasi,

Sorry, I don't have that manual. (Congratualions, nice boat!)

Did you try calling Beneteau? Also try Beneteau USA, since they are very helpful.

Regards,
Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.