SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am again heading to the Miami boat show next month. For some reason I just like the shows and seeing the new boats and tech and being around boat people....

Who else in Sailnet is heading down!!!!

Also has anyone taken the seminars ? are the paid seminars worth the money?

:ship-captain::ship-captain::svoilier::captain:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Are they even having seminars anymore? - they eliminated them at the St Pete show this year - sailboat part of these big shows are an afterthought - the show this year again - for sailboats is out towards Key Biscayne - just makes getting back and forth difficult - have been to the Miami show numerous times over the years - good show if you are interested in large catamarans that will be put into charter . I would say the show is worth it if you have interest in buying a boat to put into charter - outside of that from a sailboaters perspective - I would not go out of my my way to attend - if you combine it with a trip to the Keys -OK - but for out of towners - the hotel prices in Miami during the show are out of sight.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fav is Annapolis Show it is awesome and Annapolis is great. The only reason I do Miami is because it is a day drive since I am currently in FL. The Miami one I just go for the vendors since there is not much going on in terms of sailboats. If I lived out of the sate, you are correct it is probably not worth the trip.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 Weeks to go always fun to see new boat and the latest equipment. Is a mini vacation for me!
Who else is heading down?

·
Freedom Chip Counter
259 Posts
I'll be there...John Kretschmer is giving a 6 hour seminar on Friday...would be fun to see him, but I think it is $125 per person. Seems like they are charging for all seminars this year. Wish they'd bring back the used boats, like you said it's mostly about charters these days...nothing too "practical" but still fun to go and talk to other sailors and poke around the new monos and cats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts