SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 585 Posts

·
Administrator
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a non-existent sailing season in 2019 and I'm anxious to start 2020. Halcyon is away for the winter but I've begun planning 2020 trips.

Here's hoping we all have a great 2020 on the bay.

·
11,785 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I was out sailing yesterday in a nice 10-knot breeze, enough for me to see 8 knots under plain sail and 11 knots with the reacher. I saw a few other sailboats, but the weenies were motoring, huddling in the cockpit as though it were cold or something. I reached the dock a little early, so I paddled for a little while. Nice day.

Just sayin', the Chesapeake season starts January 1st!

·
11,785 Posts
I was out sailing yesterday in a nice 10-knot breeze, enough for me to see 8 knots under plain sail and 11 knots with the reacher. I saw a few other sailboats, but the weenies were motoring, huddling in the cockpit as though it were cold or something. I reached the dock a little early, so I paddled for a little while. Nice day.

Just sayin', the Chesapeake season starts January 1st!
Uhhhhh...maybe the weenies were motoring their boat some where to have it pulled for the winter.

Glad you got out and had a good sail.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I’m planning to make my fist trip up to the Chesapeake this spring / summer. Looking forward to exploring some new (to me) cruising grounds and hopefully getting the chance to
meet some more fellow Sailnetters along the way.

·
11,785 Posts
I’m planning to make my fist trip up to the Chesapeake this spring / summer. Looking forward to exploring some new (to me) cruising grounds and hopefully getting the chance to
meet some more fellow Sailnetters along the way.
Let’s us know when you are coming

·
Registered
264 Posts
We had a non-existent sailing season in 2019 and I'm anxious to start 2020. Halcyon is away for the winter but I've begun planning 2020 trips.

Here's hoping we all have a great 2020 on the bay.
I feel exactly the same way! I respect those who brave the winter on the Chesapeake but I won't be joining them. Starting to plan spring startup so that this year I can start early.

·
11,785 Posts
Went down to visit Haleakula at the marina as I hadn’t been there since my knee replacement surgery 4 weeks ago.

Was able to walk with a cane down the dock, but Donna had to go aboard to check things out.

Winter cover in place and everything looked great. Inside dry as a bone with only a few drops of rainwater in the bilge.

Paid our slip fees for next year which have not risen in 5 years

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Went down to visit Haleakula at the marina as I hadn’t been there since my knee replacement surgery 4 weeks ago.

Was able to walk with a cane down the dock, but Donna had to go aboard to check things out.

Winter cover in place and everything looked great. Inside dry as a bone with only a few drops of rainwater in the bilge.

Paid our slip fees for next year which have not risen in 5 years
We're headed over to do the same tomorrow and won't have a chance to get back before new years. Hope we find our boat faring as well as Haleakula.

·
11,785 Posts
Had to move my boat from Deale and took the boat farther south to St. Leonard. Still working on the boat.

Some day.... ~sigh~
I love St Leonard’s Creek

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Unfortunately, my sailing days are over, and the boat was sold just a couple months ago well below the assessed value. How I wish I were on the boat right now and basking in the sunshine of the Dry Tortugas.

Have a fun year, everyone,

Gary

·
11,785 Posts
Good to hear from you Gary. You have been in Donna and my thoughts.

The transition I know is tough, but you have so many great memories that many never ever even get a chance to do in their lifetime. Hold on to them...they are priceless. Stay well.

·
Administrator
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unfortunately, my sailing days are over, and the boat was sold just a couple months ago well below the assessed value. How I wish I were on the boat right now and basking in the sunshine of the Dry Tortugas.

Gary
Hi Gary! I hope you come visit more often. You are missed.

·
Administrator
9,001 Posts

Gary
I am glad to see that you are still with us on SailNet. May your many memories of times on the water serve as a comfort in these dryer times.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 585 Posts