SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
23'''' Paceship as an entry level boat?

I admit it - I''m a novice..but we all have to start somewhere. I''m shopping for an entry level (learn to sail) sailboat with ocassional overnight capabilities for my young family of 4.

I came across a 1977 23'' Paceship at a great price. Good shape, fully equipped, great cabin layout but I never heard of that make before. Was wondering if anyone familar with them could advise on construction quality, safety, and ease of sailing.

If there are other brands/styles recommended, I''d appreciate that info too. I''m trying to keep the cost under $5000.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

I was always impressed with Paceship 23. It seemed to offer a good combination of price and quality.If the cost and quality (important with the age of the boat) make sense,then I would not hesitate.

They made both centerboard and keel versions of the boat. I think the latter is more desirable unless you need shoal draft or will be trailering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Bruce,

I found a Paceship website with lots of info. They appear to be solid little boats, once built in Nova Scotia - now out of production.
I was concerned because the price seemed too good to be true. Comes with 2 sets of nearly new sails, 2 spinnakers, a storm, 10 hp Honda 4 stroke and a custom trailer. All for less than half the price I was expecting to pay.
Should be an inexpensive first boat with room for 4 - Just what I was looking for.

Jim

·
Registered
654 Posts

Make sure you find a good surveyor and have her throughly checked over before you purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts