SailNet Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for 24 foot Raven centerboard fiberglass sailboat. Does anyone have knowledge of #211? During the early 50''s it was on the Tenn. River. During the late 50''s and the 60''s it was at Mentor Harbor east of Cleveland, Ohio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Raven

I have sail # 225 Raven made by Cape Cod Shipbuilding Ltd.

It is 24 fiberglass centre board day sailer. Home port for many years was Buffalo Canoe Club on Lake Erie Canada. Now Port Dalhouse Ont. Lake Ontario
Can Send Pictures Great Boat Fast

Regards

Jim Macfarlane

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Think All The Ravens Were Made By Cape Cod Shipbuilding Co.

Did You Guys Know There Is A Rave Website Now. Some People Out In California Are Putting It Together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roller Furling

Can Anybody Tell Me What Is Involved In The Installation Of A Roller Furling. I Would Like To Put It On A 24' Daysailer.
Lou

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Installing a roller furling unit isn't all that hard. Most will recommend you replace the forestay, if it is more than a few years old.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Think All The Ravens Were Made By Cape Cod Shipbuilding Co.

Did You Guys Know There Is A Rave Website Now. Some People Out In California Are Putting It Together.
Sure is:) its

ravenclasssailing.org

Still under construction, but lots of neat stuff out there now.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raven 221

Looking for 24 foot Raven centerboard fiberglass sailboat. Does anyone have knowledge of #211? During the early 50''s it was on the Tenn. River. During the late 50''s and the 60''s it was at Mentor Harbor east of Cleveland, Ohio.
As of 1967, the last known owner was:
Ted Nyland
5940 Forest Ridge Rd
North Olmsted, OH 44070

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raven 225 pictures

I have sail # 225 Raven made by Cape Cod Shipbuilding Ltd.

It is 24 fiberglass centre board day sailer. Home port for many years was Buffalo Canoe Club on Lake Erie Canada. Now Port Dalhouse Ont. Lake Ontario
Can Send Pictures Great Boat Fast

Regards

Jim Macfarlane
I'd love to see your pictures. Maybe put some on our site:
ravenclasssailing.org
Please send them to me

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
raven #7

i have raven #7 i bought it in the 80s i bought it to race on the tennessee river 100 mile race it was a fast boat also sailed in lake erie could be for sale phone 567 204 6748

·
Registered
36 Posts
There used to be a bunch of Ravens in Port Jefferson NY in the 60's, I've sailed them a few times. Sailed in the Raven Nationals in 1983 in Mount Sinai NY

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I happened to run across your post in regards to a Raven 24'. I have one located in the upper peninsula of Michigan.

Pictures of Sail #308 can be found here

You may make inquiries to 906-792-5746
Thank You

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts