SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Heh, maybe if you give us a little more info, area, level of sailing experience etc then someone might be able to to give you a little more help. The world is a big place with lots of places you could sail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not looking to leave tomorrow I'm looking for a general of the boat not my skills cause I know then it comes down to where your comfortable sailing the boat that's why I didn't include specifics about my experience . I want to get an idea if this boat will be one I can travel on or if I need to just fix/ restore it and flip it or build it to suit my needs and wants .

So what I am asking is where could a well experienced captain sail this boat safely?

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Don't really know much about that particular boat, found American Mariner 24' and 26' so might be one of those two. Anyway, in either case should be fine for fairly benign lake/coastal stuff. I personally wouldn't do much more than that, but then people have sailed 18' open boats across oceans so there you go :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you
It's a 1973 AMX and the company was taken over in 1975 by American mariner industry .
Haven't been able to find any original paperwork.

·
Chastened
4,861 Posts
The Chesapeake Bay would be an appropriate venue for such a boat.

Nearly unlimited gunkholing in the various, shallow estuaries. Beautiful scenery, history, dining and shopping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts