SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One person was injured with severe burns to a leg. He wasn't there by the time I got there so I didn't see that.

I've been told by a good authority he was working on a gas cylinder and it caught fire.

He wasn't on the Lagoon 450

·
Old as Dirt!
3,487 Posts
Friends of ours having their mast worked on at FKG said they saw the boats burning and heard several loud explosions from either fuel or propane tanks going off. I'm sure that was exciting! I'm glad they were no closer.

(Mark--Keep and eye out for "Steve and Joy" sailing the First 42 "Ocean Angel", our sistership. She rides a little 3-wheel scooter. I mentioned to them that you were in the neighborhood and that, despite being from Oz, you seemed to be an okay fellow.)

·
Administrator
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
(Mark--Keep and eye out for "Steve and Joy" sailing the First 42 "Ocean Angel", our sistership. She rides a little 3-wheel scooter. I mentioned to them that you were in the neighborhood and that, despite being from Oz, you seemed to be an okay fellow.)
Will do!
I had FKG work done last week on my new dodger. Fortunately the ccancas guys (St Martin Sails) felt with FKG so stuff was on time, on budget :)

I will find your friends and say hi. :)

Re: explosions: I was at the dock 30 meters away when 1 explosion happened. I ducked. No one else did. But I have seen that sort of explosion throw stuff a hundred meters in the air so ducking is a great idea.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts