SailNet Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not many days that can one see over 300 little hopes of man kind together bound by one passion....sailing...at least live...

How they organize such a thing????

I have no idea....but I can show you what it looks like...enjoy these beautiful images....of real women and men of the future...I say...there is hope, don't you agree???

These are "little beings with GREAT GOLDEN hearts".....God Bless each one of them.

Enjoy dear friends...enjoy...for these boys and girls are our future....I'll post more soon.

The Christmas regattas in Cascais 2008, a 3 day event (now in day 2)...so far bad weather every single day..cold wet and windy

And bellow my favorite one..

PS..Fred's not doing to bad..

·
Roadkillibus Texanis
1,602 Posts
Very beautiful!

I wish I could have started sailing like that.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I take it that Fred is out in that giant mass of Optis someplace???

·
Crazy Woman Boat Driver
840 Posts
I see the opti racers are passing Alex like he is standing still. Maybe Alex can learn a thing or two from watching the little ones sail a real boat. :D

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
fan tab u lous !!!

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
That kind of puts our sailing in the states in perspective.
When was the last time you saw 300 Opti's sailing in a regatta around these waters?
Wonderful photo's Alex.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hmmm. "300 kids who will do just about anything to get away from their mums and dads..." :)

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please allow me a small correction,

it's 300 sailors total, divided in Optimist, Laser, 420, Laser SB3 and Dragon..

Maybe the number is a little over 300 sailors, but it's hard to know..

Optimist alone were only around 150~160 boats, 100 Optimists on class B (where Fred races) and 50 or 60 in Class A. They raced together.

Fred made 49 overall..not bad for his first real ocean Championship race...not bad at all..later more on that

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Considering that there were 50-60 in Class A and Fred races in Class B... he did damn well to get 49 overall...since that likely means that 1-12 Class A sailors were BEHIND HIM... :) GO FRED...
Please allow me a small correction,

it's 300 sailors total, divided in Optimist, Laser, 420, Laser SB3 and Dragon..

Maybe the number is a little over 300 sailors, but it's hard to know..

Optimist alone were only around 150~160 boats, 100 Optimists on class B (where Fred races) and 50 or 60 in Class A. They raced together.

Fred made 49 overall..not bad for his first real ocean Championship race...not bad at all..later more on that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts