SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the blog of another Nauticat owner and he was lamenting the cost of his special folding propellor zincs. He also has special, manufacturer specific zincs for a whole host of other boat bits and was lamenting having to have 4 different manufacturers ship him zincs as he travelled the world.

He then found: BoatZincs.com (978-841-9978) - The Online Superstore for Zinc Anodes which seems to have every type of regular and special zinc with low prices and fixed rate international shipping.

$8 max prop nut zincs anyone? Sounds good to me. Of course I need a maxprop first.... ;)

I haven't used the website, but he has and was pleased. FYI for anyone interested.

MedSailor

·
Master Mariner
9,414 Posts
I paid a little over us$23.00 for a MaxProp zinc yesterday in Chaugaramas, Trinidad. What's the big deal? Walked right into the store and paid us$23.00 to protect a us$4000.00 prop. I didn't have to wait 5 weeks for it to arrive, spend ec$150.00 for an agent to clear it through customs, while waiting 2.5 hours in the hot sun behind the post office, and still pay 2.5% duty. I didn't have a few rattling around somewhere on the boat for years, taking up space. MaxProp official zincs, so I can assume they are a good quality zinc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have used these folks for a few years now. Good turn around time, and they seem to keep their molds in good repair. I use one for my max-prop and one for the prop shaft. I always order two of each at a time so as to reduce the cost of shipping per unit. As I am in the U.S., freight is the only other expense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.