SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He has a boat that's quite old. 30 foot, German built in the 70s I think. Lopp, continental mermaid? was the make or builder of the boat. cant find anything about em.

It has; Double headstays, tiller, modified fin keel with rudder pivot in the keel, the engine, it's a Farymann R-30 V 2 18 HP (if my Farymann research was correct) and it runs! roller boom for the main, hanked on jibs. Original sails have a mermaid insig, on them. All deck fittings are bronze or plated bronze,

We sailed it yesterday.. nice! I'll get photos soon. Any information would be very appreciated!

·
12,152 Posts
Denise...is this Hanks boat

·
12,152 Posts
Denise,

I am wondering the way Hank described it to me if it is a 30 ft Cheoy lee- Bill Luders design. I know the Cheoy Lees are Tiawanese, but it fits his description and the pictures look like how he described it to me. Just a shot in the dark. Is he still goin g to Fla with it? Are you guys coming to the Sailnet Rondevous on June 11?

Check it online as you have seen it. Does it match up?

Dave

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The Mermaid isignia rings a bell but can't put my finger on it. The boat isn't a Mermaid is it ? There was/is a class of boats called mermaid also I think.

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics posted! Note the outboard mount. We installed that last week.. "insurance" LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts