SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a video of a nice quiet slow relaxing sailing afternoon...one of those days when we just go..no destination until we decide to stop...

The temmperature was just right, so was the sea, the wind, the smells, the ambiance..even the trim was right on...

This is not about getting there..is HOW you get there...

It was one of the most relaxing sailing days I have had in years...we ended up sailing until the sun went down, no one wanted to stop, we sailed until we had enough.....then pulled over at a marina for an excellent dinner, and to spend the night..next day simply wasn't the same...

The wind was just right, the boat gently pushed along slowly, confortably and no stress...as you can see

It's days like this that make me love sailing, and what it is......these days, I never forget...I share it with you...

This to say, that one does not absolutely need BFS to get the fix....right??

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i125.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/giuliettacsc/Relaxingsail.flv">

·
Apropos of Nothing
1,736 Posts
My favorite sailing is 10 knots of breeze on a crisp fall Sunday. Beer in hand. Redskins game on the radio. A couple of other knuckleheads on board cracking stupid jokes.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Like I've always held - there's nothin' wrong at all with slow, mellow sails. I'm personally just partial to the other end of the spectrum at this point in my life.

Looks like a sweet sail, Giu.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
My favorite sailing is 10 knots of breeze on a crisp fall Sunday. Beer in hand. Redskins game on the radio. A couple of other knuckleheads on board cracking stupid jokes.
Give me a 40 knot gale, 20' seas, bare poles, a drogue, and strippers on the foredeck cracking stupid jokes as they throw their foulies in my face. And the Packers humiliating the Redskins, of course. Now that's livin'!

·
Apropos of Nothing
1,736 Posts
Give me a 40 knot gale, 20' seas, bare poles, a drogue, and strippers on the foredeck cracking stupid jokes as they throw their foulies in my face. And the Packers humiliating the Redskins, of course. Now that's livin'!
Heh. Yeah, I remember my first sail on my current boat. Winds were 20-25kts true and I took the boat out with my knucklehead buddies. Full sail up, of course. I remember all of us just laughing hysterically every time we spun out or caught a big splash in the cockpit. Nothing I'd do with the wife on board, though.

·
On the hard
3,502 Posts
Yeah, the wives have a way of making those kinda sails not happen usually. Although, considering three or so sails that I subjected my wife to....... Among them, one of the wildest, scariest sails I've had. Not being able to show it to you guys is why I bought my little Flip video camera. If I ever get caught out like that again, it'll be on here. That being said, nothing quite like a nice steady, don't have to do nothing kinda sail.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had to replace the host of that video, from youtube to Photobucket...

You tube must be getting full or something...the quality sucks now more than ever..wonder why?

Anyway...now the image is better..thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Giu,

Thanks for posting. It kind of reminds me of a sail we had this fall. ~10 knots, no gusts, and bright sunshine. I only need 2 fingers lightly on the tiller, and we had the whole bay to ourselves.

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great day. Thanks G-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts