SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Break, curse, fix, repeat
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the sake of anyone else out there considering a solent stay installation, I've finally written up a post on my boat blog describing my experience and the hardware I used. I scoured the internet and books looking for good information when I began my process, and could only find a few places that were helpful.

I'm posting this just as a sort of bookmark in case anyone else searches for solent stay here and would like more information. My stay is not fully wired, but what is left is basically trivial and all the hard parts are now done.

For anyone who is looking to read about someone else's solent stay process:

Stories of Aeolus- Our Gulf 32 Pilothouse

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nice job

I recall from somewhere there is a max distance below the masthead the attach point can be (12-18 inches ?). Remember there is still a forestay to masthead. (not a fractional rig) I think this is why on the cutter rig the inner stay attaches feet below the masthead, but I don't think there were running backstays nyway your setup will be fine for large ,light genoa. Staysail I'm not so sure. Cutter inner stay is much closer to mast. Staysail e measure is 5 feet and sail had a boom. Good luck with it all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts