SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the hardstand out our Marina, In Victoria Australia. I'm assuming it was sailed here.
Can anyone identify the type?

It's name is "Dirty Dottie"

Had a furling mainsail of a type I've not seen before. Bit like a vertically mounted headsail furler attached externally to the mast.

Mychael

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Note all the containers strapped to the side. a Duplicate set on the port side. Don't know if they are fuel or water.
What year would that boat be if it is a Morgan41?

Mychael

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I actually saw some serial numbers in that place. Hull numbers were not compulsory in Australia back in those yrs. In fact even my 1984 boat does not have any.

Mychael

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, actually at my Marina. "Yaringa" In Westernport bay which is the smaller of the two Victorian bays.

St.Kilda & Sandringham are both in Port Philip Bay which is strangely enough west of Westernport Bay lol.

Mychael

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cannot get in touch with the owners as they are away for 6 months.
However I did find out that they are Yanks themselves and that the boat came from or was purchased (not sure which)in Fort Lauderdale. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Mychael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.