SailNet Community banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This makes me question how reliable the manufacturer's information is. They say leaching paints are a good choice for trailered boats since ablatives would be rubbed off quickly. But they also say that these paints cannot be exposed to air. What fraction of trailer boats spend less than a day or two out of the water?
Now there's a fine question and observation....

Medsailor

·
Registered
535 Posts
...The best advice is always to ask around your area. Ask people who use their boats the same way you will.
I always thought that bottom paint effectiveness is related to the area where it is used - one that is good for one area may not be good for another (warm, cold, salt water, fresh water).
Environmental regulations notwithstanding, this has nothing to do with ablative vs hard paint, am I right?

·
I don't discuss my member
2,622 Posts
I always thought that bottom paint effectiveness is related to the area where it is used - one that is good for one area may not be good for another (warm, cold, salt water, fresh water).
Environmental regulations notwithstanding, this has nothing to do with ablative vs hard paint, am I right?
Correct.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts