SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

About to buy my first boat so I figured I'd best stop lurking and sign up. I have my eyes on a couple of boats nearby, a C15 and the like. I need something small enough to single-hand but big enough to carry four people for a relaxing day of sailing. Don't expect to race much, but that might change. Anyways, hello.

·
Registered
1981 Endeavour 32
1,090 Posts
Hello, X, and welcome to the forum. Let us know what kind of boat you end up with. What part of the state will you be sailing in - lakes, the Gulf, or on Mobile Bay?

War Eagle.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm in MS on the gulf, and we frequently sail across Mobile Bay when heading east (I even bought one of my sailboats in Fairhope once!).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It'll be lakes for me for now. When I get a large enough boat and/or enough skill I will certainly be heading south to bigger water though. My goal/hope is to eventually migrate a bit further south to be closer to the Gulf. I'm currently looking at a Buccaneer 18, this might be a good boat for my needs. I'm slightly concerned with my ability to get it rigged and sailing solo, but optimistic that I can work through it.

Roll Tide :)

·
Registered
1981 Endeavour 32
1,090 Posts
The Buccaneer is a great boat....I used to crew on a friend's Thistle at the sailing club on Lake Martin years ago and remember regularly getting our asses handed to us by a Buccaneer.

The Bucs are pretty straightforward boats and it shouldn't take long to get comfortable with rigging and launching it yourself.....but it's always easier with crew!

Good luck with the search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.