SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've never had them do any work for me but I have had work done by the 2 lofts that Dave worked at. They were both good lofts that did first class work. I have a 2 lofts 5 minutes from where we keep the boat that are personal friends and treat me right.
Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim - Dave quoted me a very good price for a new cruising main and jib, but hasn't provided me with a reference or two I've asked for.

·
HANUMAN
2,836 Posts
Yes. I used them a few years ago before they moved from New London to Lyme. I feel they are the type of guys who would get the job done, stand behind their work and do their best to help you with any problems.
Also, I have heard only good things about them.
JMHO.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They did some sail modifications and repairs for me a few years back. The workmanship was excellent and the price seemed reasonable. I will probably head back again this year for some additional work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have used them. Dave built a 135 Genoa for me last year. Very good service and high quality. Instead of just taking original boat specs, He went to the boat, took measurements, including track placement. That's a service that you don't get on mail order. Pricing was reasonable.

I've heard that Dave lost his "Ace" sailmaker - Aaron. Ask Dave if he is doing the work or if he has a good replacement for Aaron.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts