SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
12,358 Posts
Reaction score
I went the Blue Sea route and bought 8 AC/ 16DC panel and an additional 8dc Blue sea panel to rewire everything. When Boaters World went upside down I got them for about 1/3 price but would go this route anyway. The nice thing about these panels is they are prewired and well designed. I am replacing all my original C&C panels in the fall with these on a piano hinge so I have easier acccess than having to unscrew and lift out a whole panel.

My suggestion to youjoz is to look into the future when adding your panel. If in the next few years you will rewire and get things on seperate circuits which I recommend, buy an extra panel now and start. Each year you can add something similar to improve your whole system, like next year a similar brand panel with the battery meters and over a couple years upgrade the whole panel to new and have it uniform. Doing things piecemeal as opposed to a plan will make you wish you had later on. If you have original panels like mine you will want to replace them eventually.

Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.