Registered
7,314 Posts
xuraax,

Using Alex's examples under rig tension, 1) shroud tension,

A would be upper shroud,
B lower shroud
C intermediate shroud.

Alex,

Thank you for info, this is tomorrows list to do before saturdays race, or sunday if not time if found tomorrow friday. Got a loose guage the other day too!:):):):)

Marty

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
xuaraax,

The # sign can mean a few things

# ie lbs in this case lbs of force before it breaks,

or

I use it at work for "square unit"......unit typically being a foot of measure, meter, yards etc could also be used as the unit of measure.

My first option, ie lbs of breaking strength, could in some instances, be kilograms or equal force measure too, but lbs is most common.

Marty

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I bought a PT2 Loos gauge the other day. I have 7/32 wire on everything but the mid upper shrouds. which I believe is either 5/32 or 1/8. This is not listed as to what I need to check with current gauge. Does any one know how to figure out what the smaller wire number should be with the bigger gauge. As I really do not want to go buy a 2nd gauge for the smaller shroud.

Guessing by how the three sizes go, I should be able to halve the numbers for the 3/16 which is the smallest size for the gauge I have and work pretty close for the next size down. any one care to say I am correct, not quite right.........

I may in the end, email loos and see if they have it figured out.

Marty

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
LOL,

Actually got the same size, but the pro model vs your one level down. It was tempting to get the battery operated one tho!

You got crew for wed night racing yet? If not, we will be out, and I am sure with 15'ish boats out normally for summer racing, someone will want a hand.

Marty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts