SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old (1981) AB refrigeration unit, and the condenser fan is on it's last legs. Naturally, the mfg does not "make/offer" that item. Because of close tolerances, I need something the same size. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it solved? Thanks.

Al

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I don't know off the top of my head which fan you are talking about, but you should be able to find a manufacturer label somewhere on the fan. You should be able to find a generic replacement that will do the job. As long as you are moving close to the same amount of air you will be fine.

Perhaps if you post a pic of the fan we can help you further in terms of where to look, but the easiest thing to do is to pull the fan out and take it with you to whatever suppliers you have in your area.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I replaced mine with a 4" fan from the local electronics store, I have no clue how old the unit is but, it is a AC only AB unit in a 35 yr old boat

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
they are called "muffin fans" you want one that will run on 1amp or less. 60 cfm should be enough. One thing you can do, wire the fan on the power line rather then the terminals on the module, because as they get older the voltage sensitivity seems be get worse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts