SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Some always want to have money without giving the impression that they have worked...

I need a new sail and I also own a small business. Do you think Putting a name and number on my sails would look OK ? My wife said that is Ghetto.
very hard for it.

If it is a racy boat, it might look cool, if well designed. On a cruiser, I'm not so sure.

But if she spends the money, suggest that this is part of making it! I used to own a small business.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
It's a one time only expense, for advertising. Much like lettering on the side of a truck. You don't get to a write off for advertising every time you drive the truck. My first thought is can the business comfortably afford the expense? Because if it is not marine related it would be a waste of funds for advertising as only other boaters will see the sail. But if that is your market go for it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking I could write off Ice and supplys because when I raise my sail I would be advertising. I am in the home improvement market and figure most people with boats in the bay may have homes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts