SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
144 Posts
The that someone gives you is the most expensive you will ever own.
"I'll do this and that after you buy it" only count on what you have in your hand when the deal is done, his motivation will go way down after the cash is in his hand. Been there and done that.....twice and it never worked out.
I agree with others on the gelcoat. Atomic 4, be very careful with gas. Not sure if this was ever true but it was taught in the Coast Guard Aux, a teaspoon of gas in a quart of air is equal to one stick of dynamite. You can find used single non self tailing winches fairly cheap. Just pick one that you can still get a rebuild kit for. I have never met your seller and he may be a fine individual, however there are very like-able, honest looking people that buy junk boats and make a buck or two here and there. Be careful. You can usually find boats like you are looking for at local maritime museums. People will donate boats to them for tax right offs, I have found some in very good condition. Me personally, I'd walk away from that deal. AND you tasted bilge water on an unknown boat! You must be a sailor. Dennis

·
Read Only
144 Posts
Just a quick search, two minutes I found a 34 foot Morgan at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, one owner for 9k asking price. I'm sure you could get it cheaper than that. Maybe more than you want to pay but its a good example. Dennis

·
Read Only
144 Posts
I don't think he had a good handle on sailing but he says his dad is a crabber, so taht could go either way, well here 1985 Catalina 25

you will notice the deck damage is not seen in pics, but you can make it out from the interior... I probably shouldn't post this, i am gonna get a whole nother round of "how green I am"
Nope, everyone was once or twice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.