SailNet Community banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Reaction score
BTW, did you sleep on the trip at all? How about the night before, were you up all night in anticipation?

Any fatigue related issues you noticed?

MedSailor

· Registered
Southern Cross 35
684 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So tell me, you were tethered in at all times (even while using the head down below) right? :D

MedSailor
I was tethered all times I left the cabin.

Using the head I am always tethered even when docked. You can't be too careful :)

Btw in addition to two jack lines down each side of the boat I also installed a short tether at the mast. This gave me a lot of security while doing any work at the mast.

Learned that right here on sailnet and this was the first time I tried it.

· Registered
Southern Cross 35
684 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
BTW, did you sleep on the trip at all? How about the night before, were you up all night in anticipation?

Any fatigue related issues you noticed?

MedSailor
I expected to have trouble sleeping the night before but I was so tired after two days on the ICW I had no trouble

I didn't sleep at all during the trip. But I was quite drowsy towards the end. I'm not sure if that was the effect of the Bonine or not..

Fatigue related issues ... To be honest I was more drowsy than I was comfortable with.the last few hrs I was staying active (vs sitting and enjoying the night) to stay alert. As long as I was doing something I was ok.

But it's a long haul, and it's tough, no doubt.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.