SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting some run around, got the conclusion that my Nanni 3.90H is not based on any production Kubota but it is a Kubota.

But what bugs me, despite the engine being 30 years old and with maticulously maintained 1100 hours on the clock, it looks like I have a cylinder failure. Unfortunately there are a few videos out there on these 3 cylinder cubotas citing similar issues at relatively low hours.

Now, having boats before with old as or older Yanmars, I have never had a single issue with any of the yammies all clocking over 4000 hours and I think one was close to the 7000 mark.

Depending on the availability of a rebuild kit and the overall health of the block, I may have no choice but repower. A new Nanni would just drop in place of the old without having to do any modifications to the engine bay, but now I am hesitant and would like to know if any of you owning a Nanni 3 cylinder had any significant problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is that Nanni does not play ball when I want info and it is like pulling a nail. They are very wishy-washy. The 3.90 was one of the last engines built in Holland and while it may have a kubota base, the bore does not fit any series (70 x 72mm) 855 cc or 52 cuin, I cannot find anything to cross match parts to it.

As it turns out in my case, the intake valve snapped in half destroying the cylinder and another one is chipped. No good at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts