SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· One of None
Hunter 34
9,059 Posts
Reaction score
If you can not find anyone to put a new oil gauge fitting on any engine I think you are in trouble!
You did not say the year of your O28. The engine is most likely a universal diesel 5411 or 5416 engine but actually made by kubota. 2 stroke.. do you mean 2 cylinder?

you need a oil pressure switch. which should be an auto store item. the light blue wire would be from the oil light switch on the engine panel. I beleive the fittings are pipe fittings 1/4 or 1/8 inch pipe.

D&R Marine is in New England Rudy is the sole source for anything Oday!

D & R Marine
508 644-3001

· One of None
Hunter 34
9,059 Posts
Reaction score
is this the boat? Looks like you got a pretty good deal.

Well.. it is a sailboat. and hopefully you will one day know that is the primary mode of power on a sailboat.

If you could take lots of photos of your engine and "more" we can offer more help.

you don't "need" an oil pressure gauge but it's handy. there's a mechanical one on my boat. the pressure connection is on a small pipe that is connected to a small hose that is in the engine block were the oil switch would have been. (port side rear of engine.

Is your engine raw water cooled or does it have a Heat exchanger?

Reactions: renewable14
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.