SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife & I are new to sailing; we own an S2 7.9 It is our intention to buy a S2 9.2C & live on it 6 months a year on Lake Superior in Minnesota, probably for the better part of a decade. We will sail the Great Lakes. The S2 we're looking at was built in 1977, half of its life has been on salt water, half on fresh water. It appears to be in good condition, but we realize any boat 30+ years old will have issues. Not worried about that as it is simply a function of time, elbow grease & some money. I'd like to hear your thoughts regarding that boat versus other boats of the same size. Given that we intend to live in a boat, accomodations & comfort of the cabin is an important factor. And while not an ocean the Great Lakes will provide all the sailing we need, at least as we see it now. We're nearing retirment age, so we're not interested in a boat that requires physical gymnastics to sail & we've no illusions about sailing across an ocean or anything as challenging as that. We'd fly to a destination & rent a boat once there. We just want a nice boat to live on to live a civilized life, sail a bit, have decent comfort & enjoy a glass of wine at sunset. Your thoughts are appreciated, thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts