SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from my solo trip from Cape Canaveral to Tampa. It went well, 8 days overall. I have pics and will post them along with a full report soon.

My questions is about roller furling systems. My boat has the older style roller furling, where the sail is furled BEHIND the forestay (as opposed to on the forestay). Sometimes when furling, the sail gets twisted around the forstay.

Does anyone have any advice with this kind of system? Any tips or tricks to make it work more smoothly? I understand that it is not an ideal system (as you rarely see them any more), but replacing it is not an option right now.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I just got back from my solo trip from Cape Canaveral to Tampa. It went well, 8 days overall. I have pics and will post them along with a full report soon.

My questions is about roller furling systems. My boat has the older style roller furling, where the sail is furled BEHIND the forestay (as opposed to on the forestay). Sometimes when furling, the sail gets twisted around the forstay.

Does anyone have any advice with this kind of system? Any tips or tricks to make it work more smoothly? I understand that it is not an ideal system (as you rarely see them any more), but replacing it is not an option right now.
New bearings and more halyard tension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts