SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear sirs,
Does any of you happen to know anything about contest 25 yachts?
I am thinking to buy one, 1984 model, that looks ok, but
I can hardly find any informations about her.
For example her engine, a vovo penda single....
Are 2800 hours too many?
Where (if) can anyone find spare parts?
Thank you and best wishes!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
But is it easy to find spare parts for the specific engine?
If yes, are there any links you might know?

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Em,

You're in Greece are you not?!?!?! I seem to recall that from a previous thread when you where looking at an HR.

You might google or equal over there to see if there is a local Volvo Penta dealership to see how hard those parts will be to find. Some things for older motors are relatively easy, such as oil/air/fuel filters in general. These you may even find in an aftermarket mode, which will make them cheaper to buy vs Volvo parts.

Other stuff, such as the actual motor parts, ie valves, heads etc if they go south, could cost you dearly.

Hope this helps.

marty

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Marty, you recall right....Greece!
The HR, although in grate condition, proved to be extremely expensive so I turned to something I can afford...
Thank you and have a nice day.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
I have to keep the Greeks in my brain to let my wife know that some do sail out of Greece. One of her goals in life is to visit the village her maternal Grandfather was born in. Someday, along with sailing the islands would be my goal along with finding the village. I am recalling that they grew onions as a family way back then.

marty

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marty,
Maternal Grandfather from Greece?
Are you somewere in the USA?
I grow onions much much better than I sail.... and comparing with other Nations there are not many things to be proud in Greek sailing. Instead, with nearly 300 days of sunshine per year,hundrends of islands in the Aegean sea, and plenty of wind, we -the Greeks- enjoy our coffee 7 days a week (and believe it's an extremely expensive hobby), and love to....philosofie, complain, and have opinions for everything. But maybe thats life, at least for our idiosyncrasy.
The majority of Greeks graduating sailling training, never sail afterwords.
You see?
I am judging and complaining allready....
Have a nice and happy new year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts