SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Wow, congratulations on everything. I'm in a similar phase of training and introduction. I bought a 1969 Chrysler Lonestar 16 last fall and have been working on it this winter. I bought it without any thought whatsoever about the trailer and only thought, after the fact, about having to title and license it.
The boat and title had previously resided in two different states, Iowa and Kansas, before I transplanted it to Missouri. There was no boat or trailer title. The trailer was somehow exempt from Licensing in Kansas.

Fortunately there were 20 year old licensing registration slips from Iowa that had some numbers on them. Because the boat was non-motorized and the trailer a single axle under a certain tonnage, the nice lady at the DMV was able to use the numbers on the Iowa registration papers, after a highway patrolman offered verification that they matched the numbers on the boat and trailer and created title applications for both the boat and trailer and issued me a license. A few days later in the mail, I received a boat and trailer title, the first that either has had in decades.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts