SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took no time for me to like and want to be part of this group.

A little over 6 months ago I traded a VW engine for a 1975 Chrysler C-22 and spent the time learning all I could from sites like this. A few weeks ago the wife and I splashed it and sailed it for 3days&nights after it set on the hard for 15+ yrs. I could find something to do on it about everyday and can say it was enjoyable to make it seaworthy again.

Unless a Chrysler C-26 drops in my lap about the same way we plan on sailing the C-22 to the Bahamas next spring. (means I get to make more modifications this winter after sailing season)

Again I'm happy to find this site.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Hey Mario - welcome to SN dude!

Jeez - Bahamas in a C-22? You've got guts man! Where are you sailing out of now?

You'll get some great advice around here.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Smackdaddy
Right now I'm on the lakes here in NC. As far as haveing the guts to sail a C-22 to the Bahamas, I have researched and talked to others that have bluewater sailed other C-22's. Theres going to be a large group that will be leaving from the NC coast in April next year, so I won't be alone. The Chysler C-22 is a great little "pocket cruiser" thats really fits my needs.

I read the 10 pages about Tom wanting to sail a J24 on open water and understand the differance in racers and cruisers I just get the best of both worlds.

Untill I sell my business and can convince the wife tocruise full time I'm leashed to the lakes here and see no reason to get a bigger boat. And I just like the Chrysler look and simplicity ( the less that can go wrong the more sailing I can do) of just sailing.

I'm no expert and open to any advice and more then willing to learn anything that will be helpful.

who ever said "half the fun is getting there" was not sailing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts