1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
10' high stern pole.. :) since you don't have a mizzen mast on your boat. That would put the blades 8' off the deck. :) Unless you have Manute Bol or Yao Ming as a guest on your boat, you should be okay. :)

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Freesail99 - this seems like an Air-X land...not marine. Although some would say this is an ok deal, I'd venture a guess and say there's a reason why the marine unit is usually $300 more expensive than this model.

Look on the website - they have the Air-X marine on sale for $799. Cheapest I've seen a marine unit is around $730 + shipping.

·
Belliure 41'
136 Posts
Having spinning blades that close to my head would not only scare the bejeasus out of me but would drive me crazy! Being only two feet from your head, what happens if you wave to a friend? You would have to change your name from Freesail99 to Lefty!

I would look into getting the largest pole possible, maybe 12’? Garhauer will make custom poles.....

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
JT—

You have to balance height against weight aloft. The higher the pole, the more effect the weight aloft has. A 12' pole on the transom of a 30' boat might be too much.

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
I have one on my 32' boat, using the AirX mounting kit, and I have to stand on the stern rail to reach it. Not to mention that the bimini is inbetween.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts