SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Keehi is in an industrial area under the take off flight path of HNL airport. It's not anybodies idea of a tropical paradise. Add to that issues with derelict boats and residents in the mooring area as well as homeless who are being steered to the area in an attempt to get them off the streets of Waikiki. Haven't been back there for a year or two but the environment didn't look like it had changed much. Years ago, had a boat at La Mariana Marina which is a few doors down from Keehi. It had two advantages, I could get a slip there in an extemely tight slip market and it was cheap. The same pretty much goes today for Keehi as the waiting lists for a slip is a lot shorter at Keehi than the Ala Wai.

The Ala Wai is a little oasis in the midst of Waikiki's concrete. A multi-million dollar location for relatively cheap slip rents IF you can get a slip. Have been on the wait list for a 30'-40' slip about 5 years and am getting pretty close to the top of the list. When my name comes up will have to make a decision whether I really want it after all these years. Guest parking is a hassle to non existant though it's not a bad walk from Ala Moana.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts