SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a source for a blank flange to use as a spacer on my engine shaft for engine alignment.
My 16 hp diesel repower comes with a plastic flex coupling about 1 1/4" thick. The coupling goes between the engine output flange and the shaft flange. Alignment should be done flange to flange without the coupling by jacking the shaft flange forward to the engine flange. As I don't have the prop clearance to do that the preferred solution is to put in a 1 1/4 " blank flange and align to that.
Any ideas on finding a spacer flange?

·
Old as Dirt!
3,488 Posts
I'm looking for a source for a blank flange to use as a spacer on my engine shaft for engine alignment.
My 16 hp diesel repower comes with a plastic flex coupling about 1 1/4" thick. The coupling goes between the engine output flange and the shaft flange. Alignment should be done flange to flange without the coupling by jacking the shaft flange forward to the engine flange. As I don't have the prop clearance to do that the preferred solution is to put in a 1 1/4 " blank flange and align to that.
Walt--

If the yacht's on the hard, just pull the prop. Alternately, why not just cobble up a spacer. You could make one out of starboard easily enough, no?
Or even just a few layers of an HDPE cutting board from the local hardware store.

FWIW...

·
Super Moderator
6,777 Posts
Any machine shop can make one... Probably a $40.00 job. Good idea to have on-board in case you hit something and blow out your Drive-Saver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts