SailNet Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Her Sailnet is a womans forum for topics that women want to discuss, but the men can and do add useful information. I agree that it should not try to be for women only.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Now, I also find inappropriate comments -- well, inappropriate -- and usually look upon the poster as a boorish curr. After serving alongside women in uniform for many years, I've found that most women in general -- and here to be sure -- can often give as good as they get.
PorFin - Thanx for your service, and the implied compliment. I agree that most of us can give as good as we get, and some of us can give better. Sometimes we wanna mix it up in the boisterous "Off Topic" forum, and sometimes we just want to chill out and get information ... maybe here? (Besides, they'd laugh at me anywhere else if I wanted to ask about window coverings :) )

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Her Sailnet is a womans forum for topics that women want to discuss, but the men can and do add useful information. I agree that it should not try to be for women only.
I'm curious admtrox, what have the men added here that you have found useful?

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Guys, quit calling my Admiral ( MMR) "Chuckles" please. She added the 'AdmiralChuckles' to her signature as an act of full disclosure because she thought it was the fair way to play by letting the 'regulars' know who she is. I'd not want her to regret that decision.
We follow the rules as to one person, one login, one login = one person.
Even when I was recently banned I did not log in with her login, nor will she ever log in as me.
I realize it was a mistake when you did so, I just want to be real clear.

As to the question of should the herSailnet be 'female' only. I can't personally think of a sillier thing to do. Does anyone ever come here for half an answer, half an opinion?
Not that there are not many female sailors out there that can sail loops around me (I assure you there are) - but I'd never not listen or ask for input based on gender, why should Sailnet foster and environment that does so?

Besides, I'd think you would have to make a 'men's room' then where the guys can hang out and be no holds barred.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Chuckles,
I'm guilty of that, had one of those senior moments. But heck, her posts are better than yours anyway.
Of course they are, she doesn't ramble on incessantly without making any real point, or use words she doesn't know the meaning of. Sometimes her posts are the very virtue of short clear communications.

·
Crazy Woman Boat Driver
840 Posts
OK guys and gals. Lets settle down here for a minute and look at the big picture here. First of all, I started this whole thing I believe awhile back ago (CD corrected me here if I am wrong). My intentions of this is just to keep out the guy locker talk away from this forum. We have other forums were the guys and gals can blast away, eg, "Off topic"! What few women post here on this great site is way too few in my humble opinion. I was hoping that some of the lurkers here would be brave enough to post a question here whether gender specific or not without getting flamed in the process. Right or wrong most of us gals are a little sensitive to getting flamed. We had someone post a very female topic here and I am proud of her that she did. That shows that the restrictions might be starting to work. I am not advocating a strictly women's only forum where only women can post. The last few topics, men have asked us girls some questions too. Bravo! I believe that is the intent of this forum. Call it what you like, pink, women's issues, women's chat site or women's forum. All I ask it we keep it clean and to the issues at hand.
Melissa

·
Registered
317 Posts
Are we gonna sail ladies on the starboard, gentlemen on the port with a black curtain hanging from the boom as well?

Where do I know this tradition from, where do I know this tradition... Oh yea, it's called "haremlik-selamlik" in extremist muslim countries...
:S
I can't believe this is even a thread subject...

Reactions: helenwiley

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Are we gonna sail ladies on the starboard, gentlemen on the port with a black curtain hanging from the boom as well?

Where do I know this tradition from, where do I know this tradition... Oh yea, it's called "haremlik-selamlik" in extremist muslim countries...
:S
I can't believe this is even a thread subject...
:eek: I can't decide if this is really sad or really funny ... but you do seem to have cut to the heart of it.

·
Señor Member
1,457 Posts
I propose we have a "Boorish Curr" forum.

Edit- perhaps PorFin meant cur? . . . That I understand (g)
Yeah, I ran through my normal vocab to tag the offenders, and all I came up with was exactly the kind of locker room talk that got us here in the first place. ;)

·
moderate?
13,875 Posts
OK...thanks for the input folks. It is apparent there is no support for a "female only" herSailnet sub forum. We will continue with herSailnet simply as a place for females to hang out....with males welcome...but with strong moderating standards per the sticky at the top of the forum to keep things civil, on track and safe for all.
I will close this thread now. If you have anything further to add...please contact one of the mods through PM.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.