SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Reaction score
Hey All - Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm a Chance 30-30 owner as well. Going through a refit now.

Jon - Actually have seen some photos of your boat on the forums as well - looks amazing and like you've done quite a bit of work to her. Question for you: I noticed you have a dodger. Did you raise your boom to get that extra clearance?

Thanks in advance

· Registered
15 Posts
Reaction score
Wow thank you for all of this JonEisberg. What a great wealth of information. I to have gutted the entire interior, so far just finishing the vberth and laminating the forward bulkheads with formica or FRP, and veneer on the cabin bulkheads. I also removed the head adjacent sink/vanity area and am in the process of turning that into a hanging locker. I'm without an inboard at the moment, so that's something I've been on the lookout for as well.

My standing rigging is in need of a renewal but that will probably wait until the new year. I like the idea of adding a inner forestay and running backs.

This is really helpful regarding the dodger as well. The traveller is indeed problematic!

Again, thank you for all the information and I hope you don't mind me periodically asking you questions!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.