SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an old IOR boat, a Chance 30-30 built by Allied boats. I've found quite a bit of information online but hopefully looking to find someone else who owns one and has some hand on experience with these boats. Was told by the previous owner that it was raced extensively when new, and I have a few news articles and 12 sails to suggest that this was probably true. Anyways, any info on these boats would be greatly appreciated! :)

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have to work on getting my post count up and then I'll post some pictures. The rigging is a lot more than I'm use to since it has two halyards for a spinaker (offset to both sides), two for a head sail, and one about two feet down.. or there was one, the internal halyard got pulled through by the previous owner.. Not sure what the lower one would have been used for. possibly a solent stay?

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jon,
I'd be interested in seeing how you went about the layout of the interior. It looks like you removed the lockers above the port and starboard bunks? Also where did you locate your water and fuel tanks? I am in the process of glassing in a truly structural/water tight bulkhead at the aft end of the v-berth (original panels were lightly tabbed in only a few places). This new bulkhead will serve as the aft end of my new 60 gallon integral water tank. I have the room to go larger, but I am hesitant because of weight. What would your input be? I am also planning another tank in the aft end eventually, which would help balance things out. Thanks in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.