SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I am in Hawaii and I have decided that if I am going to live on an Island I had better learn to sail. I have just retired from the Army after 28 years and have started my second career here in Honolulu. One of my co-workers is moving back to the Mainland and has a 1972 Cal T4 that he is giving to me because it need a lot of work and he is not taking it with him. I have signed up for sailing lessons and will start to work on the boat this weekend. If you have any sugestions I would appriciate any help you can give me. My co-worker does not have an oporators manual or service manual for this boat. Is there a web site that I could order one from or is there a company that I can contact for this information?

Mahalo

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The islands are were old GIs and old boats come to retire...there are lots of both here, so if you're looking for like minded souls, you will find them all over Oahu, especially in the marinas. I've got a boat in Rainbow and used to be the Secretary for ILYC (before we got killed off)...PM me if I can help get you introduced to the local sailing weirdoes...
Big Al
s/v Puff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts